Saturday, October 11, 2008

REDUX - Me and Joe are A-OK

A little over a year ago I wrote about my giddy delight with Trader Joe's - you can read about it here:

http://smileyeats.blogspot.com/2007/05/me-and-joe-are-ok.html

Suffice it to say, I'm still in love. AND, I still have a major crush on the Tarte d'Alsace.

I'll not go into how much I don't "do" frozen, prepared foods (except in the case of an extreme comfort food craving I have for chicken fingers) but even after a year of trying Trader Joe's prepared meals, with very few misses, I still enjoy the tangy tart.

A flatbread, almost filo, with creme fraiche, ham, Gruyere cheese and caramelized onions, this French-inspired "pizza" takes only 8-10 minutes in a 475 degree oven. The crust is crispy and light and with really amped up flavors like the onions and Gruyere, it satisfies a gourmet taste, without the fuss and mess.

I love it. If you have a Trader Joe's near, give it a shot - it's really inexpensive and a great go-to-I-don't-wanna-cook meal.

Here's some shots:






No comments: