Saturday, October 18, 2008

Mmmmm ... cupcakes ...

Tonight I spent the evening at my buddy Ken's house.  We had decided earlier in the week that we wanted to get together and try this recipe from an old church cookbook that my Mom and Grandma gave me years ago.  

This idea morphed to a lets-get-together-and-play-showtunes-and-cook-all-night kinda night.  Which was FINE BY ME.  We made the cake (from the old cookbook) and he had pre-made cupcakes before I arrive and we made fresh pasta, from scratch, rolled it, pressed it, cut it, cooked it ... and ate it.  

I took tons of photos and I'm in the process of going through all of the pasta photos and editing them trying to find just the right ones - in the meantime I wanted to share our cupcakes.

The frosting was a ganache really, made from cocoa, powdered sugar, heavy cream and a little vanilla.  Because the cream was whipped in, the frosting had a really light and fluffy texture and the good (I think it was kinda spendy) cocoa gave it a wonderfully deep chocolate flavor.

Here are some pics:  




No comments: