Monday, February 02, 2009

Frenchin' Toast (for my nephew)

A quick post because so many people have asked me about it ... 

I made french toast for breakfast yesterday - used an italian loaf (that I had the bakery slice 1/2 of it for me), vanilla extract in the egg wash with a bit of salt and pepper, and griddled it on cast iron.

The whole point of this, however, is to explain "Frenchin' Toast".  My nephew is about to turn four so he's still figuring out syntax and grammar and all the things that I HOPE he masters one day.  

He eats "eggies" for breakfast and he used to eat "noo-noos" (noodles, or mac-n-cheese) but he's grown out of that now (except that he calls them "old noodles" but nobody can figure out why) ... and he just LOOOOVES frenchin' toast.  At least that's what he calls it.

So here's a few pictures of my frenchin' toast from yesterday morning - and, as a little treat, a photo of him from last year beating some eggs for frenchin' toast at his Nannie's house!








No comments: