Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sausage risotto with parmesan and scallion

I found a great-looking sausage at The Fresh Market a few days ago and I've wondered what I should do with it.  With such a chill in the air (finally), a risotto sounded great.

Sauteed onion, butter (lots!), risotto, 3 cups vegetable stock, 1/2 cup grated parmesan, 3 large scallions and of course, the sausage ... 

It takes a while to make a risotto the traditional way - stirring and stirring and adding stock slowly while the rice soaks up all the tasty goodness - but it's a Tuesday night and I had the time.

After I cooked the rice to just a bit past al dente I added the sausage (which I'd sauteed earlier to give it a little color and flavor), cheese and scallion, pulled off the heat and let it "sit up" (as my Grandma might say).

YUM - it's a cool night outside - what better than a warm, hearty dish for supper!








No comments: