Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lemon Thyme Chicken Salad

Well OK - so I'm not a mayonnaise fan so I had to kinda scale back the whole idea of a chicken salad.

Keeping with my simple-is-better style of late, with just a bit of bistro thrown in, I decided to take up the challenge of creating a flavorful, filling dish with only 4 components.

Chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, thyme, and lemon (I didn't count salt or pepper as they're in nearly everything).

I seared the chicken to build a nice crust, pulled it off the heat to rest and after it cooled enough to touch I sliced it into large bite-sized pieces and tossed it back in the pan with thyme, the tomatoes (sliced) and a splash of lemon juice to finish it off.

Pour out on a plate, add another slice of lemon (and a thyme sprig just in case I needed a little more zip I could add it) and I had my 4 ingredient supper.

Just in time for American Idol ... :)





No comments: